Hayward Pool Products Reviews

Show reviews that mention
pool hayward service customer service customer warranty pump heater products water
Filter review
Most helpful review

Update by user Jul 23, 2020

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with product replacement.

Update by user Jul 23, 2020

Happy to announce my light problems have been fixed. Many thanks to Jarrod and Aaron of Hayward for their help.

Original review posted by user Jun 24, 2020
Pool lights have been a problem from the initial build in 2017. Finally, in May 2019, Hayward replaced all lights with newer version, all work performed under...

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I’d like to hear more about this and offer my assistance. You can reach me directly at CustomerSupport@***.com Please reference this posting when replying:

View more comments
Resolved
ID
#2010359 Review #2010359 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Product
Hayward Pool Products Lights
Pros
  • Extremely versatile
Cons
  • Bad service

Not responding to fix salt water AQR940

Contacted Hayward customer service by emails and phone, finally customer service called back said that tech service would be in touch, still have not heard from tech. Phone lines always busy so you leave call back numbers , fill out email contacts with info about the Aqua rite and 940 cell and the problem, the customer service starts the process over again. 4 months old cell and board problem with a 5-year warranty.

User's recommendation: Don’t expect a easy fix with contacting Hayward for support.

New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Verified Reviewer

Bought heatpump, started leaking ,1 year and 3 months, poor customer service , not honoring warranty

bought heatpump from authorized seller , online , may 2020, heat element started leaking August 2021, only coving parts , as was bought on-line

User's recommendation: do not buy Hayword heatpumps, repair person said too may need repairs.

ID
Pros
  • Worked good for 1 year
  • 3 months
Cons
  • Not honoring warranty
  • Poor product quality
Preferred solution
pay for parts and labor on their defective product (heat coil failure in 1 year and 3 months)

Warranty information

I was unsure why my T-Cell only has a one year warranty. I purchased from B&;;;;;;;;;;;;M pool & spa in Metter, Georgia Oct 2019. Also for some strange reason it does say on the sticker on the t-cell sold with one year warranty which I find very strange being that the cell is a Hayward T-cell and not some knock off. Was hoping to find an answer as to why this is and is it something the dealer has imposed on there own accord. This t-cell i have is a warranty replacement from the original. Any help would be great. The t-cell failed
#2059940

Thanks for posting your review of the Hayward product. Your feedback is certainly appreciated.

Please reach out to our customer support team so we can help resolve your issue.

You can find the customer support contact information under the ‘About Us’ section on our website. Select the 'Contact us by e-mail' option.

Statesboro, Georgia

Verified Reviewer

Heater out again replaced three tines

We have a Hayward pool heater with the Hayward salt cell and filter we got the pool in 2009 since then we had to replace the salt cell three times and the filter 1 and the pump twice and our heater three Times! The heater is out again and salt cell too! We are tired of pumping money into this pool. I looked into it and found that the heaters go out because the salt cell makes the heater corroded. Maybe they should of told this when we had it installed 9 years ago no one should have to replace these expensive items to have a nice pool for three short months a year poolrunning fur 3 shirt
#2059939

Deliver product or service ordered

The heater will not ignite

H400FDN Brand new heater was installed when try to ignite it shuts off within two seconds or less. Serial 211321****584****
#2059938

Southold, New York

Total mishandling of rebate and unable to reach company

This company is difficult if not impossible to contact. I just spent $479 on a cleaner from a franchised reseller with a $100 rebate. There is absolutely no customer support, they make it impossible to contact anybody. I have sent 2 emails, they go ignored. I waited 1 hour 10 minutes just to get a person on the line, he put me on hold to look up my info then the phone line went dead, no call back, really!

User's recommendation: Buy Pentair.

#2059936

Pool heaters

I bought 2 pool heaters over the years. One lasted maybe 2 years and then a replacement one lasted not even 1 year. I am glad I saw the reviews since we want to buy another pool heater but are pretty shy of Hayward. Will go with Pentair or Rayovac. What do I have to lose? Pool heaters are very expensive and to not get even two years out of them is unacceptable. Move on to another brand.

User's recommendation: Not good product.

#2059934

Elko New Market, Minnesota

I have been on hold for hours and no one answers the call. The worst customer support that i have ever experienced

I purchased a new 1 hp super pump and it is leaking from between the pump housing and the motor. this happens when the pressure hit 10 psi

User's recommendation: do not purchase hayward products.

#2059933

#2059995
@Newell Meh

I have already tried that and no luck. Thanks for nothing

View more comments (1)
Walpole, Massachusetts
Apology
I am not a homeowner but I have been in the swimming pool and spa industry for over 33 years in South Florida. The phone technical support is pathetic! I am on jobs trying to fix customers problems and have been on hold for upwards of 1 hour many times! Why do you guys...
#2059932

ID
Cons
  • Customer service and support
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

I am the contractor I set up the unit apparently I did it under my email and I would like to reset that to the customers email
#2059930

Las Vegas, Nevada

Failure of universal color logic LED

The Haywood underwater LED light failed. Installed 3 years BUT hardly used. Failure is due to water leaking into the fixture. The issue with the universal color logic LED seems to be very common. The replacement cost is well over $800. A class action lawsuit against Haywood should be established!!

User's recommendation: Do not buy the product.

#2059928

Palm Coast, Florida

Warranty pump housing cracked

My good pool co called and tried to get replacement for pool housing under warranty and was told I the consumer had to call. Over weeks, I cant count how many times Ive called. One day I was sick and just let the phone ring for hours and nobody answered. Ive sent in emails, some as if a pool company, just to try and reach someone to help me. I have heard nothing back and now their customer support sites are down for maintenance. Its a new pool and hardly used. This was supposed to be a top of the line pump and company but Ive seen no signs of that.

User's recommendation: Beware No customer service and effectively no warra.

#2059926

Preferred solution
Replacement of pool pump housing warranted

Terrible

Have a defective pool filter and they will not replace it! They lie, say it's on it's way and it's not! Never do business with them!

User's recommendation: Stay Away.

#2059925

Laconia, New Hampshire

I need a filter for my Hayward Pool

The pool is twenty years old.I have used 3 filters in That time. I now need another one.Do you have filters available or not?? Simple question.

User's recommendation: Be aware that after you buy a pool you may not be able to get filters for it.

#2059923

Mashpee, Massachusetts

Unable to get support while under warranty.

My Hayward "Swim Pure Extreme" worked well for the first 60 days after a resurface. Now the PPM salt readout never moves from 3500ppm. I have my water tested at my installer and their water test could show 2400, 2600, or 2900ppm, but the LED readout always shows 3500ppm. HAYWARD posted support numbers 800-657-****, 508-335-****, 908-351-****, 800-429-**** service!!
#2042932

Edgewood, Florida
Cons
  • No customer support

Brands Related to Hayward Pool Products

logo

Hayward Industries

0 Reviews
logo

Hayward Flow Control

0 Reviews

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article