map-marker Sarasota, Florida

Passwords

I found it very difficulty to reset passwords in the system. Not user friendly at all. I did manage to get everything accomplished but found it difficult to get any assistance. No customer service phone numbers that would assist me.This was not about a product it was about help using a product!

User's recommendation: Be patient

Dominick B Pez

Verified Reviewer

Poor Customer Service and their unreliable omniLogic app.

Hayward Pool Products - Poor Customer Service and their unreliable omniLogic app.
Poor service as they refuse to call after sending emails back and forth to resolve an issue of not accessing your Haywood OmniLogic app.spent a day with back and forth emails as they refused to connect me with a qualified tech who knows how to fix the issue. Refused to call me or escalate the issue with upper level management.
Pros:
  • There are no pros
Cons:
  • Poor product quality
  • Poor customer service

Preferred solution: To get the omniLogic app to work.

User's recommendation: Don’t purchase a pool and/or spa that has Haywood equipment.

Gary V Cqn

The ColorLogic lights are junk

Updated by user Feb 26, 2024

Well I reached out to Hayward and they are sending a new light free of charge. Said we are responsible for getting it installed, but that is fair enough.

Original review Feb 26, 2024
Had 2 of their $1,000 LED lights fail in a one year period. The warranty is a joke. Good luck reaching them and if you do they just pawn you off on another dealer.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Lights have the best color when they work
Cons:
  • Warranties are back and their products are unreliable

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Do not use any Hayward products.

Kristie W Jwa

Pool heater

Add a pool heater from Hayward. The unit worked for one week. I have been trying to contact them for over one month to get this thing fixed and no one seems to be doing anything. No one returns your calls when They say they will! We were promised that it would be fixed within 48 hour. Four weeks later it is still not fixed and no one is returning our calls dont buy a Hayward heater.
Pros:
  • There are no pros
Cons:
  • Heater breaks down within a week

Preferred solution: We would like this unit fixed now.

map-marker Palm Coast, Florida

Customer Service

I've been a Hayward servicer for 20 years. The reason people are having to call and deal with their awful customer support is because they do not take care of their service centers. We have all slowly fallen out because they put us out of pocket for the part and ship it to us weeks or months later. Hayward typical pays a service call of $75-$95. We may have to pay $1000 out of pocket for a light or circuit board to complete their warranty call. It is a flawed warranty system and few of us will do a call unless we have the part in stock which makes the homeowner suffer and wait.
Bryan R Jbq

Verified Reviewer

Hayward does not honor the warranty of LED pool light

I have a commercial pool with 4 Hayward pool LED lights. All 4 of these Hayward lights have burned out randomly 2 times in the past year and a half.

I pay $850 each for these Hayward LED pool lights.

There is a 1 year manufacturer warranty on these lights. My pool supplier has filed a claim with Hayward on these defective lights but Hayward has not responded. The claim was filed in September of 2023. When the claim was filed, Hayward said they had no stock of these lights that could be replacements for a warranty claim.

They had plenty of these lights in stock for purchase but none available for warranty claims. I would avoid any Hyward product because Hayward does not stand behind their products.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Low quality
  • Expensive
  • Warranty not honored

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Choose a different brand of products

map-marker Rayville, Louisiana

Pool pump stopped working after 6 weeks and could not reach anyone for assistance

I purchased a pool pump from Leslies pools and spa in Monroe Louisiana on September 30, 2023. The pump stopped working 3 weeks after purchase. I knew it was under warranty so I was trying to follow protocol. Unacceptable to receive assistance

User's recommendation: Ask if the location that you are purchasing the item from does their service work.

map-marker Montreal, Quebec

Hayward summit

Hayward summit warranty. The heater does not work. Im not pissed, I was wondering if its under warranty and if he can be replaced or repaired. Hayward is renowned to be number 1 heater for pools. I misplaced the invoice when I purchased the home. Can you help.
Phillip A Mrp

Zero Communication

We have customers request their products. We try to sell their products.

The problem? They offer ZERO support and don't even know what they're selling. We were told incorrect information about products from sales reps whose job it was to know the product- which made us look like idiots. Now, I have a big opportunity to sell a lot of multiple, high value controllers- and I can't even get a price quote.

All i got was someone telling me that if we don't spend a certain amount of money, they will cut off our ability to order parts.

I'm trying to SELL YOUR PRODUCT and all you can do is threaten to close my account. Absolutely hands down the worst company I have ever had the displeasure of doing business with, and I am going to recommend the competitors products every single time I get a chance.

$12000
Cons:
  • All

Preferred solution: A sales rep who answers the phone and can answer basic questions about controllers

User's recommendation: Buy something else

Paul H Vxl

| map-marker Kitty Hawk, North Carolina

Heat pump service

Waited half an hour on the phone for support, yet I was numbR ONE IN THE QUEUE. When I tried to put my phone number in for a call back the number repeated back to me was erroneous. I tried multiple times.

User's recommendation: Make sure you have local support.

Guest

Same here! I was first in the Q.

However, no one answered?? Called tech support directly and was hung up in twice! Left message and a call back number.

No response! Why????

Deon B Rum

Verified Reviewer

Do not back their products

Hayward.com, do not use this company. Pass on the word.

I purchased $5000 pool heater from them and after 60 days it was leaking out the bottom of the heater.

I contacted authorized rep. 2.5 weeks later they came out and stated it was because of acid levels in my water, then came back and stated it was flow issues. We have pool company come and monitor the levels weekly and I sent proof. They stated it is not covered under warranty.

Will not give a contact name or number or address to talk with them. They finally came back and offered me a new unit for $1500+tax and installation. Why would I buy another unit from them that they don't back up?

Horrible company, horrible service. It is very sad a company won't back up their product.

Cons:
  • Difficult to work with

Preferred solution: warranty service work on product that is 90 days old

User's recommendation: Do not use

Kevin S Tnl

| map-marker Palm Harbor, Florida

Complaint

I purchased a new salt cell from Hayward on April 28, 2023, through their local distributor Economy Pools in Oldsmar, FL, and had the company install the cell. It stopped working in September and was declared defective by Economy Pool technicians. I have tried to call Hayward dozens of times and can't get through. A technician from Economy Pools has had the same experience on multiple occasions.

User's recommendation: Don't purchase Hayward products.

map-marker Sarasota, Florida

Hayward Super Pump 700 leaking from the pump Body 2 years old.

Unable to get any help from the pro pool co. that installed it and no help from Hayward. Living in Florida there is no freeze problem. The pump housing is porous just below the outlet flange. This super pump should last 7 to 10 years for the price. The Model is SP267****X15. The Serial No.is 2112 20** **52 0*** *.

User's recommendation: Don't waste your money.

Deidra T Xxf

Equipment replacement

You can't get anyone on the phone to express concerns. I have an expensive piece of equipment that failed just outside the 30-day warranty that Hayward refuses to replace.

William V Wil

Warranty issue

I called Hayward warrantee line, because my salt generator is in operable, and its still under warranty. The person I spoke to took my information, and told me that the warranty department would call me back to set up the warrantee exchange. No one ever called me back. This is my third call to Hayward.

Preferred solution: Warranty exchange

User's recommendation: Call pissedconsumer.com

Tim C Jlh

Pro logic remote

worst piece of crap ever sold, 3 of them in 3 years all failed, now no warranty and they want 1000 bucks to fix the issue they created. phone support is an absolute joke, no answer for hours. how does this company stay in business?
Loss:
Cons:
  • Do not recall parts the are junk

Preferred solution: a replacement part that works and under warranty

User's recommendation: buy anything else but hayward

Brands Related to Hayward Pool Products

Hayward Flow Control reviews and complaints

Hayward Flow Control

0 Reviews

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article